It's Book Fair time!
Shop for the holidays while supporting the OFJCC Leslie Family Preschool. Open to everyone in the JCC community!
Find a range of:
- Jewish and Hanukkah books for young children
- Age-appropriate picture books and board books
- Middle-grade reader books
- A selection of board games
Book Fair dates, times and guest readers:
- Wednesday, November 15 | 8:00–9:30 AM, 12:45–2:30 PM, 3:45–5:00 PM
- Guest Reader: Jenna Waldman | 4:15 PM
- Thursday, November 16 | 8:00–9:30 AM, 12:45–2:30 PM, 3:45–6:45 PM
- Guest Reader: Stephanie Wildman | 4:15 PM
- Guest Reader: Former Preschool Director Lauren Berman | 6:15 PM
- Friday, November 17 | 8:00–9:30 AM, 12:45–2:30 PM
- Guest Reader: Stephanie Lucianovic | 1:15 PM
About Our Readings and Readers:
- Wednesday, November 15 at 4:15 PM: Visting author Jenna Waldman will be reading her picture books (Sharkbot Shalom; Purr-im Time!; Larry's Latkes). Ms. Waldman used to work as a toy designer before moving to the Bay Area, and becoming an author (and co-parent, along with her husband, of two children and various cats).
- Thursday, November 16 at 4:15 PM: Visting author Stephanie Wildman will be reading from her selected picture books (Brave in the Water; Treasure Hunt; and the upcoming Breath by Breath). Ms. Wildman is an Emerita Professor of Law at Santa Clara University, where she directed the school's Center for Social Justice and Public Service. She also has a number of adult books and articles relating to law and social justice. She lives in the Bay Area, and is a grandmother, mother, spouse, good listener and, thanks to her yoga practice, is able to sit "criss cross, applesauce."
- Thursday, November 16th at 6:15 PM: Our beloved former preschool director Lauren Berman returns to read to our community. Alumni families especially welcome!
- Friday, November 17 at 1:15 PM: Visiting author Stephanie Lucianovic will be reading from her selected picture books (Hello, Star (2021)); The End of Something Wonderful (2023); What is Hope? (published September 2023); and, possibly, her upcoming Touch the Sky (to be published May 2024). She also has written middle grade fiction and has been a cookbook editor—she worked on a Jacques Pepin cooking show. Stephanie lives in the Bay Area with one husband, a few kids and a various number of cats.
Wednesday–Friday, November 15–17, 2023
Arrillaga Family Pavilion (Bldg C), First Floor
Free and open to the public
Contact: Tamara Thiel Prizant | [email protected]