Put the Cool in School-Age Care with Club J!
Health and safety are always the most important priority when planning Club J. For this fall, we have been working with our COVID response team, the Santa Clara County Health Department, JCC Association, Community Care State Licensing and the CDC to implement new procedures and policies. Please read the new protocols below to learn more about health and safety measures this summer designed to limit exposure and the spread of COVID-19.
Cleaning and Sanitizing Protocol
Students and staff will frequently wash hands for 20+ seconds and use hand sanitizer throughout the day including upon arrival to Club J, between program activities, before and after eating, and prior to pick-up. We will encourage our hand-washing ritual with fun camp songs and games to ensure each student is washing correctly and to make hand washing fun, so everybody is excited to participate.
Sanitizing Surfaces and Equipment
Though updated information from the CDC tells us that transmission of the virus is significantly more likely to happen through person-to-person contact than through objects and surfaces, we will continue to practice heightened cleaning routines. Each group will have individual sets of equipment and, in some cases, students will have their own individual kits of commonly used supplies. We will sanitize and wipe down any shared equipment regularly, including hard surfaces and tables. Every night the rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized for the next day of Club J.
Health and Safety Check Procedures
Daily Health Check Upon Arrival to Club J
A health check will be performed with every staff member and child before entering Club J including taking their temperature and asking staff and parents questions screening for COVID-19.
Anyone (parent or staff) who answers yes to any of the questions or has a temperature of more than 100.0 F will not be allowed to come into camp. Return to Club J requirements will be consistent with return to school policies defined by the county.
Health Check Monitoring Over the Course of the Day
Any student or staff who presents throughout the day with COVID-19 symptoms will be sent home. We will be monitoring children for signs of illness such as*:
- Being unable to participate in routine activities
- Fever greater than 100 degrees
- Difficulty breathing, uncontrolled coughing, unusually tired, persistent crying, etc.
- Sore throat
- Diarrhea (within 24 hours after)
- Vomiting (within 24 hours after)
- New loss of taste or smell
- Open sores, rash, signs of infection, etc. (Non-COVID-19 related)
- Runny nose with colored mucus (Non-COVID-19 related)
Parents or guardians will be required to come pick up their child promptly if any symptoms are exhibited in Club J. We will establish a medical sick area for any child who needs to wait for a parent or guardian to pick them up.
* This list is from the guidance of the local health department and the CDC. It is subject to change at any moment. We will update the information as it comes.
What will we do if a COVID-19 case is confirmed on site?
If we have a confirmed case of COVID-19 in our Club J program, we will take the following steps to communicate and sanitize:
- We will notify all families and staff of a confirmed/potential COVID-19 infection in the facility and will let you know if that child is in the same student group as yours. We will not share names.
- We will follow the guidance of the Santa Clara Health Department on their recommendations on cleaning and potential closure of the classroom as well as guide you through the self-quarantining process.
All of these policies and procedures have been formulated with recommendations from the Santa Clara County Health Department, JCC Association, Community Care State Licensing and the CDC to keep our program safe.
If you have any questions about any of these new policies and procedures, please reach out to us:
Cyrus Mallare-Diethorn, Director of Club J Afterschool Program
[email protected] or (650) 223-8625
Dave Rosenfeld, Director of Youth and Teens
[email protected] or (650) 223-8607
Club J Home
Afterschool Program Overview