Saturday, August 29, 8:30–10:00 PM and Sunday, August 30, 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
The High Holiday season begins with the month of Elul: a call to wake up to our lives and return again to what is essential. We will be guided to experience awakened awareness and the wisdom that renews us through meditation, yoga and Qigong infused with Jewish wisdom, as well as text study, periods of silence and chanting.
Cost: $18–$72 (sliding scale basis)
No one turned away for lack of funds. Multiple payment levels are offered to make this workshop accessible. If payment is difficult or prohibitive at this time, please contact [email protected]. Please select your ticket level at check-out. A zoom link will be provided upon registration.
Offered by Shalem, the Jewish Wellness Initiative of the Peninsula JCC, Embodied JewishLearning, the Addison-Penzak JCC and the Oshman Family JCC. Shalem was created in 2012 by the Peninsula JCC and Embodied Jewish Learning and is
now a collaborative partnership with the Addison-Penzak JCC and the Oshman Family
JCC to promote wellness and well-being infused with Jewish wisdom to help support the
entire community in times when these tools are greatly needed
The faculty includes Rabbi Lavey Derby, Julie Emden, Tracey Green, Scott Green, Rabbi Hugh
Seid-Valencia, Rabbi Laurie Matzkin and Tova Birnbaum.
For more information, email [email protected]. Pre-registration is required by Friday, August 21. Click here to register.
WEEKLY CLASSES OPEN TO ALL
We want to connect and exercise with you virtually!
Join some of your OFJCC Group Fitness Instructors in a virtual Group Fitness class.
* Schedule is subject to change.
- Mondays, 10:30 AM | Pilates with Karen
- Mondays, 12:00 PM | Yoga with John
- Mondays, 1:30 PM | Zumba Gold with Asya | with Ting on August 10
- Mondays, 4:30 PM | Feldenkrais with Jiin
- Tuesdays, 8:30 AM | Barre with Ting
- Tuesdays, 10:00 AM | Vinyasa Yoga with Gloria
- Tuesdays, 11:30 AM | Zumba with Tennishia
- Tuesdays, 4:00 PM | Strength & Stretch with Asya | with Ting on August 11
- Wednesdays, 10:00 AM | NIA Fitness with Nancy M.
- Wednesdays, Noon | Zumba with Asya | with Ting on August 12
- Wednesdays, 5:30 PM | Pilates with Karen
- Thursdays, 9:30 AM | Hatha Yoga with Jiin
- Thursdays, 11:00 AM | Pilates with Karen
- Thursdays, 1:00 PM | Strong Nation™ with Asya | HITT with Anita on August 13
- Thursdays, 4:00 PM | Vitamin D with Rowe
- NEW TIME! Thursdays, 4:30 PM | Vitamin D with Rowe, starting August 6
- Fridays, 8:30 AM | Vinyasa Yoga with Glotia T.
- Fridays, 10:00 AM | NIA Fitness with Nancy M.
- Fridays, 11:30 AM | Zumba with Tennishia
- Fridays, 3:30 PM | Qigong with Jiin
- Saturdays, 8:30 AM | Barre with Ting
- Saturdays, 10:00 AM | High Intensity Interval Training with Gaby
- Saturdays, 11:30 AM | Pilates with Karen
- Sundays, 10:00 AM | Gentle Yoga with Jiin
- Sundays, 11:30 AM | Kickboxing with Anita
- Sundays, 1:00 PM | NIA Fitness with Nancy M.
Click the button below and enter the password LiveFully (one word) at the time above to join:
(Please remember to turn off your video and mute yourself while enjoying our Zumba and Vitamin D fitness classes.)
Join an OFJCC Class Live! Password: LiveFully (one word)
NEW! Outdoor Fitness and Pool Now Open for Members
We are thrilled to announce that the OFJCC Fitness Center is reopening—outdoors! Cardio machines and strength training equipment have been relocated next to our outdoor field, following all the guidance of County and State orders to make sure that OFJCC members start exercising again safely and comfortably. And our outdoor pool is expanding its lap swim hours in August! See the videos below for more information about how outdoor fitness and lap swim work.
General Info about Fitness and Aquatics
Strength and Cardio
Current fitness members can learn more about how to make a reservation from the videos below. If you are not currently a fitness member, email us at [email protected].
For Members: Setting Up Your Online Fitness Account
For Members: How to Reserve a Time
* DISCLAIMER: Zoom workout classes and all other activities offered via an electronic medium are offered strictly for personal, non-commercial use to Full Center Members of the Oshman Family Jewish Community Center ("OFJCC"). You are responsible for exercising within your limits and assume all risk of injury to your person or property. To the extent permitted by law, the OFJCC and its affiliates disclaim any and all liability in connection with the exercises and any instructions and advice provided. We always recommend you follow your physician's advice regarding exercise of this nature. Do not attempt these exercises if you have a history of chest pain, knee, ankle, wrist, shoulder, joint, or spinal (back or neck) problems or injuries. If at any time you feel you are exercising beyond your current fitness abilities, or you feel discomfort, pain, dizziness, or nausea, you should discontinue exercising immediately.