LEAP is a life-changing ten-month experience: be truly immersed in Israeli society and culture; learn in a unique secular Jewish style; engage in impactful, hands-on social action in south Tel Aviv and Palo Alto; explore Jewish peoplehood with Israeli and international peers. LEAP combines BINA's expertise in running gap years with the OFJCC's innovative and forward-thinking perspective on American Judaism.
- Nine months at BINA's campus in Tel Aviv
- One unique month in Silicon Valley, California
Nine months in Tel Aviv, Israel includes:
- Learning with Israel’s best Jewish educators and change makers
- Participating in social change activities of your choice
- Taking trips, day tours and excursions throughout Israel
- Designing Shabbat and holiday celebrations with your group
- Being part of an English speaking group while immersing in Israeli society with Israeli peers
- Developing leadership skills
Travel with your Israeli peers to the Oshman Family JCC in Palo Alto to expand your exploration of Jewish peoplehood; familiarize yourself with Jewish innovation in the heart of the Bay Area, where the 21st century is being born; and deepen your learning and volunteering.
One month in the San Francisco Bay Area includes:
- Learning with Bay Area Jewish educators
- Meeting leading innovators
- Volunteering in local areas of need
- Cultural outings in the Bay Area
- Activities with OFJCC youth programs
- Site visits to local Jewish organizations for guest lectures
- Site visits to the headquarters of global technology companies
- Group bonding activities
- Shabbat dinners
For more information and the application, click here.