Looking for inclusivity and belonging? Please consider joining Grow Together. This program will create small, pod-like cohorts to foster connecting safely, learning and growth, and lasting friendships.
Programs in English:
Virtual baby sign language classes, virtual Shabbat celebrations, virtual music and movement classes, virtual family cooking with socially distanced family hiking, kite flying and bike-riding activities when COVID regulations and restrictions allow.
English facilitator: Tamara Thiel Prizant
As the Family Engagement Manager at the Oshman Family JCC, Tamara designs, manages, implements and facilitates new and existing engagement strategies primarily focused on the Leslie Family Preschool, alumni families and the wider community. Programs include Jewish holidays, Shabbat dinners, parent participation programs, Family Camp, on-going family activities, parent workshops and preschool alumni events. She works as a liaison, building a bridge between families in our community and the wider OFJCC, coordinating programs and events to draw in and engage new and existing families.
Programs in Hebrew:
Libi, The Center for Your Growing Family, is a center designed to enrich and support families in the Silicon Valley throughout their childbearing years—from pregnancy to childbirth preparation and all the way through the first parenting years. One of the key focus areas for Libi is the creation of micro-communities among the participants in the various programs.
Hebrew facilitator: Gali Beck
- A wide variety of lectures and workshops to help moms prepare for their labor experience and begin the long-life experience of parenting with confidence. For example: infant development, baby nutrition, birth stories, raising happy children, baby sleep training, healthy communication with your child, moms and carrier, styling for moms, etc.
- On-going group activities for expectant couples and new moms and dads. For example: Moms Talk group, infant development workshop, baby shiatsu, baby massage, sign language, baby classic (music and movement), music and movement for toddlers, parenting workshop (Adler), etc.
- Mom2Mom: A special community program connecting new and not-so-new moms from our community. Our volunteer moms are there for the new moms to lend an ear, share life experiences, reminisce on those sleepless nights and gas pains, perhaps make a secret remedy only moms know how, and share thoughts and concerns so typical of this complex phase.
- A closed play area for the little ones to play while parents can make friendships and support each other.
- Libi Club: A membership program, providing free passes to many programs and events.
Gali runs family programming for Hebrew-speaking families. She is the head of the Libi Center for Moms and Babies through the Israeli Cultural Connection department at the OFJCC. Gali has been in this role for over five years, and has been working with children and parents for over 20 years. She is a mother of three and holds an MSW degree in Group Therapy from Tel Aviv University.
NOTE: The program will begin when enough people indicate interest.
If you are interested in the English programs, please email Tamara Thiel Prizant at [email protected] with the ages of your children. If you are interested in the Hebrew programs email Gali Beck at [email protected] with the ages of your children.
This program is made possible by a generous grant from the Jewish Ecosystem—Engagement/COVID Fund at the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund.
For Young Families
Sundays, January 31–June 27 (subject to change based on interest)
10:00 AM–12:00 PM
Contact for English Speakers: Tamara Thiel Prizant | [email protected]
Contact for Hebrew Speakers: Gali Beck | [email protected]