Explore the fascinating science of living things while building models of creatures from caterpillars to dinosaurs! Topics include: how the human body stays cool, the amazing life cycle of a butterfly and the Venus Fly Trap—a plant that eats bugs. If you love creatures—this class is for you!
Bricks4Kidz is a STEAM-based program that teaches science and technology concepts using LEGO® bricks. Their classes provide an extraordinary atmosphere for children, where we learn, we build, we play… with LEGO bricks. Programs are built around their proprietary model plans, designed by engineers and architects, with exciting themes such as space, construction and amusement parks. Their specially designed project kits and theme-based models provide the building blocks for the Bricks4Kidz approach to educational play. At Bricks4Kidz, they believe that children learn best through activities that engage their curiosity and creativity.
Bricks4Kidz programs provide a safe, relaxed learning environment where initiative is invited and self-expression is celebrated. Model building provides opportunities for problem-solving and helps children develop an appreciation for how things work. All this takes place while children are having fun and socializing in a non-competitive atmosphere.
- Introduce engineering and architecture principles
- Explore math and science concepts
- Increase general knowledge through discussions related to each model
- Develop social/emotional skills such as patience, teamwork and communication in the process of completing a project
- Enhance self-esteem by solving problems and completing projects
- Improve fine-motor skills as children manipulate small components
- Utilize multiple learning modalities to engage visual, kinesthetic and auditory learning styles
- Teach important classroom skills such as organization and following directions
- Foster an appreciation for how things work
Tuesdays, March 19–May 14 | No class April 2 or 16 | 7 classes
$180 Member | $210 General Public
Contact: Salina Nunez | (650) 223-8684 | [email protected]