Conquer the rope climb, tire flip, monkey bars, rings, sled drag, Hercules Hoist and much more.
Train with Spartan SGX Coach, Spartan Obstacle Specialist and Army Master Fitness Trainer Tara Pipia. She is a Female Masters Elite Spartan competitor with multiple first through third place wins. She competed in the 2016 Obstacle Course World Championships, finished top three in the Female Masters Elite Division five times in 2017, and in 2018 qualified for the Spartan Regional Championships.
With her experience gained from racing 30+ obstacle races over the last few years, and coaching many athletes from beginner to elite level, Tara can help you prepare for your first or your best obstacle race. Come train with her for the upcoming Sacramento Spartan Race November 3–4, or come challenge yourself to a new workout where your grip strength, muscular strength and endurance, and cardiovascular fitness will be put to the test. All fitness levels are welcome!
*Knee-length socks (or knee pads) and work out gloves are highly recommended.
For Adults and Teens 14+
Tuesdays and Thursdays
Meet at the Outdoor Training Rig at the far end of Freidenrich Community Park
1 class per week: $140 General Public & J-Pass Holders | $80 Members
2 classes per week: $264 General Public & J-Pass Holders | $144 Members
Drop-in per class: $40 General Public & J-Pass Holders | $25 Members
How to Register for Classes:
1) Show up to class at one of the above scheduled times and the instructor will enroll you in the class.
2) Go to the Trainer Kiosk and have the instructor enroll you. Drop-in programs purchased are good for 30 consecutive days from purchase date.
3) Stop by our Customer Service Desk to purchase your single class. You will be given a receipt to present to your Trainer.
To purchase a package or one-on-one training, or for alternate class dates, please contact Tara Pipia at [email protected].
Upcoming California Spartan Races:
- January 25: SoCal Super and Sprint Weekend
- February 15: San Jose Super and Sprint Weekend
- February 16: San Jose Trail Half Marathon and 10K
- March 14: San Luis Obispo Ultra, Beast and Super
- March 15: San Luis Obispo Trail Half Marathon and 10K
- June 6: Monterey Super and Sprint Weekend
- June 7: Monterey Trail 50K, Half Marathon and 10K
- October 24: SoCal Ultra, Beast and Sprint Weekend
- October 25: SoCal Trail Half Marathon and 10K
- November 21: Sacramento Super and Sprint Weekend
- December 5: Los Angeles Sprint Weekend