Your child's confidence will soar while learning to rope climb, flip tires, navigate monkey bars, jump hurdles and much more, all while having fun.
Tara Pipia is a former physical education teacher who found her passion in obstacle racing. After becoming a certified Spartan SGX Coach, Spartan Obstacle Specialist and Army Master Fitness Trainer, Tara began teaching kids, young soldiers, and adults to navigate various obstacles, both physically and mentally. She later obtained a certification in Childhood Obesity to help children learn the importance of eating healthy and exercising. With her teaching experience and background in training kids specifically for obstacle racing, Tara can improve your child's teamwork skills, individual muscular strength, endurance and cardiovascular fitness.
Tara has multiple first through third place wins in the Spartan Female Masters Elite category. She competed in the 2016 Obstacle Course World Championships; finished top three in the Female Masters Elite Division five times in 2017; and qualified for the 2018 Spartan Regional Championships.
All fitness levels are welcome!*Knee-length socks (or knee pads) and work out gloves not necessary but highly suggested.
For Kids ages 6–13
Meet at the Outdoor Training RIG at the far end of Freidenrich Community Park
Monthly Pricing (one class per week): $112 General Public & J-Pass Holders | $72 Members
Drop-In Pricing (per class): $32 General Public & J-Pass Holders | $22 Members
How to Register for Classes:
1) Show up to class at one of the above scheduled times and the instructor will enroll you in the class.
2) Go to the Trainer Kiosk and have the instructor enroll you. Drop-in programs purchased are good for 30 consecutive days from purchase date.
3) Stop by our Customer Service Desk to purchase your single class. You will be given a receipt to present to your Trainer.
To purchase a package or one-on-one training, or for alternate class dates, please contact Tara Pipia at [email protected].
Upcoming California Spartan Races:
- May 18–19: SoCal Spartan Beast and Sprint
- June 1–2: Monterey Super and Sprint
- June 22: AT&T Park Stadium Race (Sprint)
- August 3: LA Sprint
- September 28: Lake Tahoe World Championships
- October 26: SoCal Beast and Sprint
- November 16: Sacramento Super and Sprint
- December 7–8: December LA Sprint