Engineering Adventures with Jr. Lego Robotics! New Projects!
Join Bricks4Kidz as you put your engineering skills to the test to build bridges, buildings, vehicles and more. You'll learn about different types of careers for you to explore. Do you like to design cities? You might become an urban architect one day! Do you want to build bridges? Then civil engineering might be the job for you! Want to design the next cool electric car? Then you may be destined to become an automotive or mechanical engineer! Come experience engineering adventures with us!
The Junior Robotics session offers all the fun of building with LEGO®
bricks, PLUS the challenge of computer programming! Using drag-and-drop icon-based software, WeDo®
software provides an introduction into the world of computer programming and robotics that will equip children to succeed in a technology-based marketplace.
Bricks 4 Kidz
- Introduce engineering and architecture principles
- Explore math and science concepts
- Increase general knowledge through discussions related to each model
- Develop social/emotional skills such as patience, teamwork and communication in the process of completing a project
- Enhance self-esteem by solving problems and completing projects
- Improve fine-motor skills as children manipulate small components
- Utilize multiple learning modalities to engage visual, kinesthetic and auditory learning styles
- Teach important classroom skills such as organization and following directions
- Foster an appreciation for how things work
classes provide an extraordinary atmosphere for children, where we learn, we build, we play… with LEGO®
Bricks. Programs are built around their proprietary model plans, designed by engineers and architects, with exciting themes such as space, construction and amusement parks. Their specially-designed project kits and theme-based models provide the building blocks for the Bricks4Kidz approach to educational play. At Bricks4Kidz, they believe that children learn best through activities that engage their curiosity and creativity.
Bricks4Kidz programs provide a safe, relaxed learning environment where initiative is invited and self-expression celebrated. Model building provides opportunities for problem-solving and helps children develop an appreciation for how things work. All this takes place while children are having fun and socializing in a non-competitive atmosphere.
Mondays, January 27–May 11 | No class February 10, 17, March 9, April 6, 27 | 11 classes
$250 Members | $280 General Public
Contact: Salina Barnette | (650) 223-8684 | [email protected]