Indoor Pool: 86◦
F | Outdoor Pool: 81◦
Rules Specific to the Reopened Bill Heller Outdoor Lap Pool
The Bill Heller Outdoor Lap Pool has reopened for adult lap swimming by active members who reserve swim times. For full information about how to use the pool, please visit this page. We are operating under very strict guidelines from the County of Santa Clara, which limit the number of swimmers and require us to keep some of our usual amenities closed, including locker rooms. Please review the policies below carefully.
- Lap swim is reserved for active members (13+ years old) at this time. Please email [email protected] if you need to activate your membership in order to reserve your swim times.
- If you don't have a MyiClubOnline account to reserve pool time, please visit this page for instructions on how to register your MyiClubOnline account (requires reactivating your membership first).
- Reservations are 45 minutes in duration and can be made up to 12 days in advance at the hour of the reservation with an active membership.
- You may not have a reservation and hold a spot on the wait list for another time on the same day.
- The maximum waitlist is two swimmers per reservation time. Both swimmers get an email immediately when someone cancels their reservation for that time.
- You may only hold one wait list spot per day.
- Swimmers may reserve up to 4 swim times per week (not more than 1/day).
- Please cancel online or contact us at (650) 223-8700 if you cannot make your swim time so another member can swim.
- Maintain six feet of distance between individuals who are not in the same household at all times. Gatherings on the pool deck are prohibited.
- Wear a face mask at all times, except when showering or in the pool.
- Locker rooms will remain closed and towels will not be provided.
- Our deck attendant will assist you with your lane entry and exit assignment.
- Swimmers must rinse off using the outdoor showers before entering the pool.
- Swimming is limited to one swimmer per lane, except swimmers living in the same household may occupy the same lane (max. of 2 swimmers/lane).
- We ask that swimmers exit the pool and leave the facility as quickly as possible after swim is complete or at the end of your 45-minute reservation.
- We regret that no changing spaces are available under the current guidelines. Please do not change on deck.
- Staff will wipe down all commonly touched surfaces between session times and prepare for the next group to arrive.
- All previously written pool rules still apply (see "General Pool Rules" below), except where specifically contradicted in this section.
- Lifeguards and OFJCC staff reserve the right to enforce any unwritten rule to keep the pool area safe.
General Pool Rules
- In compliance with California State Law, please shower before entering the pools.
- Walk on the pool deck at all times.
- No food, glass or glass objects are permitted around pools at any time. Food is ONLY permitted in the designated outdoor eating area or party room. There is no eating on the indoor pool deck.
- Enter the water feet first. No diving, back jumps or “twisty” jumps.
- Babies may not be left in stroller or car seats unattended.
- Patrons are not allowed to stand/sit on the bulkhead.
- Inappropriate behavior and language will not be permitted.
- Triple Up Policy: Any child who is not FULLY potty trained MUST wear a disposable swim diaper and a plastic pant underneath a swim suit in order to be in the pool. This is enforced to avoid accidents resulting in pool closures.
- Bathing suits are required. Please no bathing suits with built-in flotation. These suits give a false sense of security while in the water. No street clothes, cut-offs or regular diapers allowed.
- The only flotation devices allowed are Coast Guard-certified devices. For safety reasons we do not allow any other type of flotation device (i.e., water wings, etc.)
- Due to health and safety concerns please do not bring in any toys from home.
- Children in diapers and those that are not potty-trained are not allowed in the outdoor pool.
- Please allow a 15-minute wait time after eating before entering the pool.
- Swim lesson teaching equipment use is not permitted during open swim times.
- Kickboards may be used in the outdoor pool only and for recreation swim only.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian in the immediate area.
- Children under the age of 7 must have a parent or guardian with them at all times in the pool. If a child is found unattended, they will be sent to Childcare.
- The lifeguard on duty is in full charge. Failure to comply with all lifeguard requests will result in the participant being asked to leave the pool area.
- We have locker rooms for all ages; a girls' locker room, boys' locker room, family locker room, women's and men's locker rooms. If you have little ones please use only the girls', boys' or family locker rooms.
- Bathroom breaks are announced 5-10 minutes at the end of each hour to help prevent accidents and pool closures.
Lap swim is designed to be workout time for adult members and their guests. Lap swimmers must be at least 13 years old and be able to swim the full length of the pool (25 yards) continuously (four laps without stopping). Water exercises, water walking and floating are not permitted except during designated or non-busy times. Kick boards, pull buoys and fins may be available for use.
Slide Hours & Rules
- Circle swim (counter clockwise) when there are more than two swimmers in a lane.
- Maximum of six swimmers per lane.
- Choose the lane that best fits your ability before entering the water. Make sure to alert any swimmer in your lane before entering the water. Lifeguards may move swimmers accordingly to ensure safety.
- When passing a swimmer in your lane, tap the swimmer in front of you on the foot. Pass only when they have stopped at the wall. When tapped, please allow the faster swimmer to pass.
- Be alert to the lane lines when they are being added or removed from the pool. There may be a delay in the pool schedule between changing activities.
During the school year: Please contact the Aquatics office at the pool or call (650) 223-8710 for updated hours.
Summer break hours: Saturday & Sunday, 1:00–5:00 PM
CAUTION: For safety reasons, pregnant women and persons with heart conditions or back trouble should not ride this slide.
- Maximum weight limit: 300 pounds
- Children shorter than 48 inches tall are not permitted on the ride.
- Eyeglasses must be securely affixed to riders with a head strap.
- Swim wear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets or metal ornamentation are not permitted.
- Only one rider to enter the flume at a time. Single riders only! Never form chains!
- Slide must be ridden feet first lying on your back or in a sitting position (sit up to go slower, lie down to speed up).
- Riders must wait for attendant's signal before starting the ride.
- Keeps arms and hands inside the flume at all times.
- Do not run, dive, stand, kneel, rotate or stop in the slide.
- At the end of the slide, obey all instructions by splash pool attendant and exit quickly.