Do you want to be a lifeguard?
Take the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training course including First Aid, CPR and AED. Students must:
- Be 15 years of age by the end of the course
- Swim 300 yards (12 lengths) continuously using a combination of both freestyle and breaststroke
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs
- Complete a timed event (10-lb. brick retrieval) within 1 minute, 40 seconds
- Prior to registering you must schedule an appointment with the Aquatics Office to complete the in-water prerequisite skills.
Attendance is REQUIRED at all classes. Students will be dropped from the course if they do not show up on time for all classes.
Friday, May 3 | 5:00–9:00 PM
Saturday, May 4 | 8:30 AM–6:30 PM
Sunday, May 5 | 8:30 AM–6:30 PM
Participants must attend all class times listed above.
$250 Members | $300 General Public
Contact: Aquatics | (650) 223-8710 | [email protected]
Full-time, part-time and seasonal lifeguard and swim instructor positions are available immediately at the OFJCC!
After successful completion of training and the exam, if hired by the OFJCC Aquatics Department, you will be reimbursed for the cost of the training after 90 days of employment!
For more information or to register for this class, please contact the aquatics office at [email protected] or (650) 223-8710.