Do you want to be a lifeguard?
Take the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training course including First Aid, CPR and AED. Students must:
- Be 15 years of age by the end of the course
- Swim 300 yards (12 lengths) continuously using a combination of both freestyle and breaststroke
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs
- Complete a timed event (10-lb. brick retrieval) within 1 minute, 40 seconds
- Prior to registering you must schedule an appointment with the Aquatics Office to complete the in-water prerequisite skills.
Attendance is REQUIRED at all classes. Students will be dropped from the course if they do not show up on time for all classes.
Sunday, February 16 | 9:00 AM–5:00 PM
Monday, February 17 | 9:00 AM–5:00 PM
Tuesday, February 18 | 9:00 AM–5:00 PM
Participants must attend all class times listed above.
Contact: Aquatics | (650) 223-8710 | [email protected]
Full-time, part-time and seasonal lifeguard and swim instructor positions are available immediately at the OFJCC!
For more information or to register for this class, please contact the aquatics office at [email protected] or (650) 223-8710.